- Affordable and Mix-Income Housing Development
- Community Center/Education
- Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership Assistance
- Housing Rehabilitation Loans
- Weatherization Assistance Program
- To learn how to apply, please contact DHCD directly at 1-855-583-8976 or click here
- Holland Forrest Landing Homeownership Program
- Housing Choice Voucher Rental Assistance
- Patuxent Woods – Multifamily Housing
- Family Unification Program (FUP)
- Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSS)
- Voucher Homeownership Program
- Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) Voucher
Other Community Activities
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Indian Bridge Apartments
- Greenview Village Apartments
- New Phoenix Townhomes
- Spring Valley Apartments
- Community Legacy Program
- DHCD’s Community Development Administration Programs
- Maryland Affordable Housing Trust (MAHT)
- Maryland Energy Efficiency Improvement Grants
- Affordable Housing Program – Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta
- Continuum of Care Partner
HASMC’s Community Development program performs public outreach, program marketing, and agency partnering to improve the socio-economic status of the residents of St. Mary’s County. HASMC utilizes both State and Federal resources to support this program. Information on some of those resources can be found below:
- Community Legacy/Strategic Demolition etc.: Provides local governments and community development organizations with funding for essential projects aimed at strengthening communities through activities such as business retention and attraction, encouraging homeownership and commercial revitalization.
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG): Provides grants to units of local government to carry out housing, public facility and economic development activities which predominantly benefit low and moderate-income persons. The funds are restricted to the non-entitlement areas of the State, which include the rural counties and towns.
- Maryland Affordable Housing Trust (MAHT): MAHT promotes affordable housing for households earning less than 50% of area or State-wide median income.
- Multifamily Energy Efficiency and Housing Affordability Program – EmPOWER (MEEHA-EmPOWER): Provides funding for energy efficiency measures in multifamily homes of low and moderate income households.
- Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA): a voluntary professional individual membership organization. Although it is voluntary to join, consistently over two-thirds of Maryland’s lawyers (approximately 25,000) and judges do so to be a part of the professional organization.
- The Rights of Landlords & Tenants